Friday, September 14, 2007

My Space

I recently signed up for MySpace, to explore it. They have the ability to inquire by email address or name to find members. To my surprise, none of my friends are members. I guess we are not early technology adopters? LOL.

My Space allows members to join groups, and I've joined several hot guy groups (eye candy!) and history groups, and even one group supporting gay marriage. I've been inviting other members of these groups to be my MySpace friends. I suspect I'll meet some interesting people, although one of its purposes seems to be dating, which I'm not interested in. (Another purpose seems to be marketing; some businesses, particularly bands, seem to delight in inviting people as friends and then sending their "friends" advertisements that are labelled "bulletins").

So far, I like YouTube better. That may change, because MySpace seems to be integrating YouTube into its site (both are owned by Google).

1 comment:

Gay, Married, with Cat said...

I'm wrong. Google does not own MySpace. MySpace is owned by Fox Interactive Media, a subsidiary of News Corporation (Rupert Murdoch's company). Sorry!